Burned Toddler Crawled On Oven Door

Burned Toddler Crawled On Oven Door

A 3-year-old boy with severe burns was recovering at home Sunday night. He was airlifted to a local hospital early Sunday afternoon after he crawled onto the open door of a hot oven, authorities said.

 

According to the Avondale Fire Department, the boy had a history of opening the oven door and crawling on top of it to lay down. This was the first time the oven was turned on. 

He was taken to Maricopa Medical Center for treatment. 

“I’ve been on many calls of hot pots of boiling water and those sorts of things being pulled down on children but this is a unique one,” said Art Snapp, of the Avondale Fire Department. 

“He didn’t realize they had actually had the oven on for cooking,” Snapp said

2 Comments »

  Todd wrote @ September 20th, 2010 at 2:47 pm

This is one of those things that you almost think is impossible. What is wrong with parents today. Go to a website like http://www.azchildproofers.com and buy a 10.00 oven lock and make sure that children stay away from ovens, and other dangerous kitchen devices.

  Jamie wrote @ October 21st, 2010 at 9:09 am

I can t believe what I am reading. Thank you for posting this in hopes that parents will childproof their home. I have used Arizona Childproofers for all of my childproofing needs and recommend them to all of my friends. It is a must that you babyproof your home and also watch your children, becuase your childproofing is not your babysitter.

Your comment